CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Can I have my brother put in jail everything my mother left

Customer Question

can I have my brother put in jail for taking everything my mother left when she died. cut me out completely.I got nothing. she left a will and he won't talk to me, says it's none of my business.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. Was he executor of the will? Do you know if you were left anything in the will?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my brother got 25% of the will. I don't know if he was the executor of the will. I can't find out anything about this. my brother won't cooperate with me and talk about the will. my mother would have left me something

Thank you for the additional information. Someone had to handle the will and if you were named, you would have been contacted. However, if your brother was involved and there was wrongdoing, you could go after him civilly and there could be grounds for criminal charges by the State, if there was fraud. You should first start and search the records at the court house in the county where she passed, to see when probate was opened and started and who the attorney of record is or the person who handled the will. You can then reach out to them and advise them of the situation, so you know what you are entitled to. It does not make any senses for your brother to withhold information from you, if he received 25% and had nothing else to gain, so it is odd.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!