CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have a confidential question, I have a friend who is a

Customer Question

I have a confidential question, I have a friend who is a nurse in Virginia. SHe has been caught stealing medications from the medication machine. The organization did not press charges but can the board of nursing or pharmacy?
Thank you *****
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. What typically happens in a situation like this, is that they can and will go after her license. They may look to suspended it or even revoke it, so she should be prepared for something like that to happen, if she was caught stealing medication. It is a criminal offense, so it is at the discretion of the State to file criminal charges and if this was not necessarily reported to law enforcement, then it may be handled internally and they will report this to the State. If they do, she can fight it and have a hearing and defend the allegations or try and work out a deal with them, if that is in her best interest.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!