How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 24984
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Zoey i have a situation with my ex husband who keeps

Customer Question

hi Zoey i have a situation with my ex husband who keeps harassing me and im trying to find a lawyer to represent me. it has gone on for two years now and i have emails and text messages from him. there has been domestic violence in the past he was convicted of assault on a female.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for contacting me.

What is it that you would like to do about this, for which you need a lawyer? That is, if you are looking to have him charged with criminal harassment, the DA will represent your interests in court and will serve as your lawyer, so you wouldn't need to retain one. All you would have to do is to talk to the police and tell them that your ex has been harassing you and that you'd like him charged with that and want a criminal order of protection.

If, on the other hand, you don't want him arrested but just want a civil protective order, you can file for that yourself without a lawyer. You can read a good overview of this procedure and find out how to do that here.

I will send you information on our premium service which would allow me to call you. If you are not interested in that service after all, we can continue here on the site.