RobertJDFL, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.
18284290

I am trying to look up court records on the individual that

Customer Question

I am trying to look up court records on the individual that killed my son with his vehicle to see why he was not charged or substance/alcohol tests not done
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. It will be my pleasure to assist you this evening.

I'm very sorry to hear of your son's passing. If the individual was not charged with anything, then there will not be any court records. There would only be court records if the prosecutor's office filed against him. If a police report was made, you can request a copy of that (it's public record) from the agency that did the report.

However, to try to find out why this person wasn't charged, you'd want to talk to the prosecutor's office in the county where this incident took place. Only the prosecutor's office can file charges against someone , thus they would be the ones who can give you information regarding the matter.

If you need clarification or additional information, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist you further.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there a law that the officer may have needed to follow upon this type of accident that may say tests needed to be done for D&A abuse before accident
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

There's no state or federal law that says an officer has to conduct drug or alcohol testing. However, you may have grounds for a civil suit for negligence that the officer, based on evidence at the scene (e.g., the smell of drugs or alcohol or the way the person responsible for the accident was acting) failed to properly carry out and conduct a complete and proper investigation.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.