Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

I was accused of issuing a false report of criminal offense;

Customer Question

I was accused of issuing a false report of criminal offense; but my neighbor actually assaulted me with a leaf blower.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you have been charged, this is not something to worry about as it is quite literally a "he said, she said" type incident, unless there are other credible witnesses for one party which will solidify the testimony of that party. This is actually a pretty common occurrence, believe it or not. When one person accuses (rightfully) a person of committing a crime, the defendant often times will use, as a defense, that the person is either lying or that they started the action and my response was self-defense.

These defense tactics by the assaulter very rarely result in liability for the person in your shoes, though it is pretty common that it makes the initial charges go away, without other evidence to support the initial complaint.

In short, you don't have to worry about being convicted of any crime in all likelihood.

Please rate my answer positively and let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Just checking to see if you have any other questions or comments. I want you to be as comfortable as possible moving forward!