Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Does a writ of mandus administrative have to filed by an

Customer Question

Does a writ of mandus administrative have to b filed by an attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

A (writ of) mandamus is an order from a court to an inferior government official ordering the government official to properly fulfill their official duties or correct an abuse of discretion. It can be filed without a lawyer, but I'm not sure that it's the right procedure unless you're trying to get a court to make the administrative agency follow its rules or to enforce its administrative procedures.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I'm completely tapped on his law fee from the start what else can I do? Wasn't it his responsibility to file motion for reconsideration on time ? That's huge I'd been working .......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It makes zero sense to consqent a great nurse for the dark ages she pulled thru 5 years ago. Nothing close to bring arrested since with fabulous letters etc. Before 10/4 I have to have that form filed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will it even be considered serious enough to really read if I myself file what my attorney wants 7500. He messed up a possible stay anyway with his late filing
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you hired the attorney to file this motion to reconsider, and he failed to do so, then you would have a claim against the lawyer for legal negligence or legal malpractice.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

That's not going to help you in regard to your case, but it could allow you to possibly recover damages for the lawyer's failures.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

If you file without a lawyer, it will be taken as serious as if a lawyer filed it.....but you just have to be able to handle the procedures on your own (as you'd be held to the same standard as a lawyer in handling the case).