Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Have a simply battery cas that i was charged with and i do

Customer Question

have a simply battery cas that i was charged with and i do not think i am guilty of
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I am sorry to hear of this situation.

Please tell me

Have you been charged?

What is the question and what information can I provide you in regard to those charges, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have been charge went to a wqarrent hearing here in georgia and got a court date on the 4 of dec was charged with simply battery
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

The possible penalty for a first time simple battery under GA law is a fine up to $1000 and up to 1 year in jail.

I suggest, you consider having your local attorney work out a plea with the District Attorney, where this is a deferred adjudication. In other words, you take a guilty plea, you get probation and once that is all satisfactorily completed, the conviction would be removed from your record.

The best case scenario would be to have the matter dismissed.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you