Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

If I tell the police that an individual pulled and

Customer Question

If I tell the police that an individual pulled and threatening me with a firearms, will a judge sign an arrest warrant for this individual even though the police do not have a firearm and the individual says that he did not pull a gun or threaten me.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

In short, they can if you are willing to give a sworn statement as to the allegations and you are willing to press charges and testify as to those charges. This type of case is hard to prosecute successfully without other witnesses because it is one person's word against another, but that does not mean a warrant will not be issued and an arrest made. This is especially true if the person that pulled the gun has a prior record.

Please rate my answer positively and let me know if you have any other questions.

Best wishes going forward!

Did you have any additional questions or comments? I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward with this important issue.