Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I am 51 yrs old and 7/23/2015 I received a misdemeanor

Customer Question

I am 51 yrs old and 7/23/2015 I received a misdemeanor ticket for escorting without a license. I went to a atty in Beverly hills, CA. I live in Los Angeles, and he said he could prevent it even going to court but he wanted $5,000 to do it. I don't have that kind of money.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I read your facts, is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Duane this is the third time I've asked the same question just letting you know. A little back room: I need to appear in court the 27th of October and I have a misdemeanor ticket for escorting without a license. I was temporarily handcuffed in my living room by vice.
My questions to you is what do I need to do to take care of this problem? how much will it cost? Do I need to hire an attorney?This should never even go to court. I am a secretary part time but don't make enough so I was doing that to supplement my income.
Thank you,
Elaine
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Did you not receive any answers to the other times you asked the question? On my initial screen I wasn't showing a question, just facts so if this was the same thing you posted before that could have been the issue.

what do I need to do to take care of this problem?

Escorting without a license could mean a coupe of different things and I don't want to insult you in any way or make any presumptions. Do you have the actual number of the law you were supposed to have broken or a description of the facts?