Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I have a lady friend that just got put in Idaho's women's

Customer Question

I have a lady friend that just got put in Idaho's women's prison in Pocatello. She is a low risk prisoner that was put in for parole violation.
They have put her in the crazy ward with murderers and crazy's. The lock her down for 18 hrs a day. no decent food.
There is many things about this that does not add up.
she was picked up 14 years a go for possession. she has broke parole a couple of times for drinking.Not good, but she is not a murder or child molester, and she is being treated inhumanely.
Can you help her?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I suggest you can do the following:

1 - Have her contact her Public Defender to discuss this situation. She can do that by putting her name on a list with her Case Manager.

2 - You can contact the Commissioner of the Idaho Department of Corrections and inquire why she would be placed in such Maximum security when she is only there on a parole violation.

3 - Contact the Idaho Governor's office and request them to find out why she is being incarcerated at such a high level of security and on lock down for 18 hours.

Office of the Governor
State Capitol
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720

Phone:(###) ###-####br />Fax:(###) ###-####/p>

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you