Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I was wondering if I have any chance of getting house arrest

Customer Question

I was wondering if I have any chance of getting house arrest for a 2nd dui most likely highest tier for Montgomery county PA? Also I do not live in Montgomery county but Philadelphia
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did ARD for my first 7 years ago. I have no other criminal record. I actually was just in rehab 3 mouths ago and have been going to outpatient and meetings and slipped up. 28 years old
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

A second DUI you have to do the minimum jail sentence and that sentence can be under house arrest or on weekend jail time, it is up to the court's discretion. If it has been 7 years since your last arrest and you have and are still in rehab, this is a good thing for the judge to know as that would go a long way in whether he will decide on using house arrest or at least weekend confinement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. I was maybe thinking that just recently finishing rehab might hurt me in the sense that the rehab didn't "work" for me.

Thank you for your reply.

No, getting out of rehab will look worse on you. The fact rehab may not have worked for you is not going to look bad, but you do need to perhaps consider a different rehab program that will work for you to show the court you are still trying.