P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

Help The county where I live has been trying to serve me

Customer Question

Help The county where I live has been trying to serve me papers for 3 weeks now but I have not been served. The papers I believe are a no trespass into county parks. The police officer told my son this evening that an arrest warrant will be issued in a few days if the papers are not served here in florida.
Can this happen or is this a threat.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

They can issue a warrant. That is, if there is evidence of criminal misconduct, they can ask the judge to issue a warrant.

A warrant does not mean you are guilty...but it would allow the police to arrest and bring you to the court to face the criminal charges.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe these papers issued by the county involve feeding an endangered bird in a park which is prohibited. As a result, they want to ban me from the county parks.Would this be serious enough for an arrest warrant? I thought there are other methods other than arrest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they do not have photos..My attorney did a Public records request and they said they did not have photos of me.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

The fact they do not have photos may make it more difficult to convict you. But it would not stop a judge from issuing a warrant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However..I have no seen anything on the internet that indicates one can e arrested for not receivng papers
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could the officer just be trying to scare me
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Oh, I agree with that. They can only arrest IF the conduct was a crime.

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

But if it was? They can arrest

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what conduct....do you mean illegally feeding this bird or is it because they feel I am purposely aiding the papers? My police offer neighbor who work for the same police dept. said its very strange..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant avoiding the papers
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

sorry for the delay.

internet died...

IF there was a law prohibiting this (feeding the birds) and there is evidence you broke the law? They can prosecute you (including issuing a warrant).

But if there was no law prohibiting the feeding? They can not arrest you.

Again, sorry for the delay

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Follow up, wanted to see if you have more questions