CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have a question. I was arrested yesterday. I was released

Customer Question

I have a question. I was arrested for shoplifting yesterday. I was released due to the small amount but I have to go to court in 15 days. Can the store review tapes and see if I shoplifted there before and add these to the charges?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, it is possible but highly unlikely. I say this because they would have to go back and find any other times when you were present and then watch the tapes and I doubt they have the time or effort to do this, with their staff. If they caught you, they are likely satisfied and will prosecute, which will hopefully deter you from doing this again. Now, if this is the first time you were caught and you are a first time offender, you can see if the court will offer and you can enter, a diversion program, to get the case dismissed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!