HPlawyer
HPlawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  GA Lawyer
17407822

I live in wa, as a card holder. I got my non conviction data

Customer Question

I live in wa, as a green card holder. I got my non conviction data ( it was assult 4th degree dismissed case) expunged by Washington state patrol. I got a letter from wsp saying they did notify fbi that they expunged my arrest. Now im not sure if fbi really will delete my non conviction data. As i am moving to Europe soon and need fbi background check. Thank you
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  HPlawyer replied 1 year ago.

Greetings!

I dealt with a similar situation for a client.

My suggestion is obtain a background check yourself. It may be a slight hassle, but it's the best way to verify whether your case has actually been expunged.

Here is is a link with information as to how you can submit an information request: https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

I hope this helps!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Erm.... i am waiting for my record to come back. My question is , is there any way to make sure they will delete it? Thank u
Expert:  HPlawyer replied 1 year ago.

If you submitted the proper paperwork to the State Patrol (which it sounds like you did), then that should be sufficient. It's the arresting agency's obligation to submit the "R-84 is the Final Disposition Report Form" to the FBI, which should detail the fact that your arrest has been expunged.

The only thing left to do is to verify that it's actually been expunged, which is what you're doing now.

Expungements happen fairy often, so it's not a rare occurrence. You haven't indicated anything that would lead me to believe that the State Patrol's correspondence to the FBI will be ineffective, or any other red flags that would lead me to believe anything out of the ordinarily will take place in this scenario. (If, for instance, the State Patrol was refusing to notify the FBI of your expungement, then we would be having a different conversation.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u sir!
Expert:  HPlawyer replied 1 year ago.

You're quite welcome!

Please don't forget to "accept" the answer.