P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

Person is at work - construction site - other employee

Customer Question

Person is at work - construction site - other employee threatens to get their gun out of their vehicle and shoot them. All reported to higher personnel - but no action and that threatenor is back on the job today. What can or should the threatened person
do. They are truly afraid of this other person now.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

What you are describing is a crime. That is, it is a crime to threaten another with violence. The victim of this assault can report the threat to law enforcement and request they prosecute. They can also report this to the employer and request the perpetrator be held accountable.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does she call the sheriff out to the job site or should she go into the local sheriff department? Also, she has verbally reported this to the forman/supervisors and the other person is still back at work. Should she file a written report to the head of the company? Or her supervisor, or who? Will probably have to call you tomorrow when I have a few more answers to questions I have to ask.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Happy to talk on the phone; I'll send the offer. If you accept we can speak on the phone tomorrow.