PhillipsEsq
PhillipsEsq, Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Someone I know is too concerned to ask this question on

Customer Question

someone I know is too concerned to ask this question on their computer, so thry asked me to ask the question for them, which is why on earth would they have received recently a certified letter in the mail from the DOJ?? this person says that they have no reason whatsoever to trigger anything like this. they work with Asian manufacturing companies that they represent, but that's it. they represent
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  PhillipsEsq replied 1 year ago.

It can be for a number of reasons, one of them being to notify this person about investigation being conducted on him/her and things he needs to provide. He needs to contact DOJ to find out exactly what the letter is about and also to make sure that this is not a scam. Below is the contact information for DOJ:

http://www.justice.gov/contact-us