P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

I punched my brother in the mouth in Mexico-He has broken

Customer Question

I punched my brother in the mouth in Mexico-He has broken teeth and cut gum-he is trying some court action [sue-restraining order etc]in San Diego.He owes me a lot of money and I was demanding he payment in the near future.I have had a long history of court action against him. Sherrif left a notice on the door of some civil suit...........................................I walked into a house in Mx. that I paid to built and told him that I wanted my money and when I was leaving -someone [another man was their with my brother] came up screening at my back [67 and very hard of hearing]and grabbed me and I turned around swinging and hit my brother 1 time and left.KO-my brother is 53
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this dilemma...but do not understand the question. Are you asking if he can request a restraining order because of this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can he request a restraining order can he sue me should I deny everything-should I get a lawyer -should I respond to the sheriff note that they left on the door.Should I go to court without a lawyer and just tell what happened
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened in Mexico
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
He can absolutely request a restraining order based on this.
But to sue you? He needs to file suit in Mexico. Since this happened in Mexico jurisdiction lies in Mexico.
As for responding to the restraining order? A lawyer is a good idea...they can help you try and convince the judge to not issue the order

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

best of luck