LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

I am being followed to be given a subpoena to appear in a

Customer Question

I am being followed to be given a subpoena to appear in a divorce case for spite, just because I am friends with on of the party. I do not want to have to appear.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Unfortunately, a subpoena carries the weight of the law and the court. If you are caught up to and served, you have no chance to avoid the subpoena.

All you can do is continue to avoid service---and the best way to do that is to get out of town or stay at a friend's until the trial date---thereby hopefully avoiding service.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug