Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

What type of lawyer needed? Was driving while intoxicated

Customer Question

What type of lawyer needed? Was driving while intoxicated sped through residental area ran stop sign hit another
Maybe 2-3 people got sent to hospital. Is illegal and dont want to be deported. In hospital now police have come to ask questions and has been finger printed. Police said they will be here when discharged to take to jail. What can we do? Do we even need a lawyer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Yes, you most definitely need an attorney. I would suggest a general practice attorney who focuses on criminal law, traffic law, and immigration law. That would be cheaper than retaining two attorneys, one in criminal and one in immigration. Since traffic law may create a basis for criminal charges especially due to DUI and also if you attempted to hit and run (not stating that you did, merely pointing out potential complexities), it would be prudent to try to get an attorney to minimize the current charges to a point where it may limit your chances of being deported...and while that is occurring, filing petitions with the US to try to seek some manner of legal status.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.