Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

My daughter is on probation Class C Felony, wrecked a car

Customer Question

My daughter is on probation for a Class C Felony, wrecked a car with children inside while drunk. She just failed a urine test for alcohol use, rather than go to jail, she is talking about taking the kids and running off to Oregon, she assures me they would not send her back to Alaska. How close to being right is she? What are the odds of being send back to Alaska?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

It's not up to Oregon whether she's sent back or not. It's up to ALASKA, as the wanting state. And if they are willing to pay to send a team of marshals to get her back they will. My own experience is that states will all extradite on a felony warrant. The odds of them wanting her back are very, very high.