P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

I havent been sentenced yet or charged with any crimes can i

Customer Question

hello i havent been sentenced yet or charged with any crimes can i take of to florida?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

If you have not been charged or ordered by the court to remain in the state? YOu can travel to wherever you like. If you are charged, they could issue a warrant and extradite you (if you leave the state) but there is no law preventing you from leaving

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WOULD THEY EXTRADITE ME OVER A 1600 GRAND LARCENY CHARGE
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thanks
I agree with you (and it seems everyone but the Sheriff) that a Special Court Martial conviction is NOT a felony conviction. And unless the conviction was for domestic violence, the conviction would have no impact on ones ability to possess a firearm (a special court conviction for domestic violence would trigger the Lautenberg amendment and would preclude firearm possession)

So it seems the Sheriff is wrong...

The Sheriff must follow state law.

The Oregon Revised Statute that applies can be seen here

<a href="http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.270">http://www.oregonlaws.org/ors/166.270</a>

As you can see it does not apply to you

If the Sheriff refuses to follow the law, you could hire a local attorney and sue, requesting the court order the Sheriff to follow the law...the court has that power

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Shoot...sorry...wrong information...just a moment please...

Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Grand larceny? Yes...they likely would extradite...since that would be a felony and they would extradite for a felony

Sorry for the confusion on the prior submission