Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I have been asked to do an Interview with a food stamp fraud

Customer Question

I have been asked to do an Interview with a food stamp fraud investigator. She said she has gone to my home which I think is where I no longer live & has also showed up at my place of business. Should I agree to an interview or get an attorney first if I know I was misleading or get an attorney?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also will the investigation be for any time I've ever had food stamps or just most recent application?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

It's best to consult with a local lawyer, because without one, anything you say can be used against you. If you already know that you were misleading and are concerned that you may be charged with fraud once the investigation is completed, getting a lawyer to protect your rights and to try to help you avoid a prosecution is in your best interest.