Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney / Criminal Law Mentor
26296561

I have a Colorado Criminal case that was dismissed by the

Customer Question

I have a Colorado Criminal case that was dismissed by the Arapahoe County DA and case has been sealed.
However since this was a felony charge while being processed in county jail I was told no choice but to submidt to a DNA sample while in the county jail.. I was told that if this case was dismissed that the county has a system to get my DNA out of their system and all data bases..
Case was dismissed by the local DA and records sealed but now I want my DNA out of all of these data bases
What is the best way to get that done?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

Generally, the best way to get the DNA removed / destroyed is to hire an experienced local criminal defense attorney, who will be able to file a Motion with the court to have DNA remove / destroyed and the judge will hold a hearing and will decide on the motion.

Since, there is no standard forms or instructions related to the process of DNA removal, hiring a local attorney would be the best and most certain option.

I wish you the best of luck!