P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including criminal law.
11181181

Thanks the time to read this! I've had 2 duis on alcohol and

Customer Question

Hey there, Thanks for taking the time to read this!
I've had 2 duis on alcohol and a third on a controlled substance (pills) in Wv. The last was on 02/14. I live in Port Charlotte now for about a year and I'm on the national registry that Wv has a hold on my license. Is getting things resolved in Wv my only option? I would even take a hardship license! My Florida id # ***** *****
Thanks again!
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry for this dilemma. You will need to resolve this in WV

The reason for this is the "Drivers License Compact"(DLC)

The DLC is an agreement between the states to came together to cooperate on traffic safety. A violation of a traffic law in one state is treated in other states as if the violation happened in that state

So for your case, you will not be able to get a new license unless or until you resolve the hold initiated by WV
This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that there was some way around this, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.