Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

I went to a massage parlor and it ended with very intimate

Customer Question

I went to a massage parlor and it ended with very intimate touching and me ejaculating. No price was ever discussed nor was it ever asked for explicitly.
The massage therapist asked for a good tip afterwards.
The question is.....was a crime committed? She was a very willing participant behind a locked and private room door.
Also, is it legal for the massage parlor to film what goes on inside a room.....they do say "smile, you are on camera".....could the owner turn something like that over to police ?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

You paid money for sexual services rendered, so yes, you would arguably be guilty of patronizing a prostitute.

That said, massage parlors provide legal services as well as illegal ones, and so unless the establishment is raided and you are caught in the act of having sex, the state would not be able to meet its burden of proof to know what you were actually doing there, and they won't prosecute. In my professional experience, even customers on the premises at the time of a raid who are not having sex are simply let go without an arrest.

It is not legal for videos to be made anywhere that you have an expectation of privacy. Such videos would be very damaging for a massage parlor to make and keep. Police will arrest the customers when they see something that will make the misdemeanor charges stick, but they are far more interested in closing down the business, arresting the owners for running the house and unlawfully trafficking in women, and deporting the illegal aliens.