Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney with 29 yrs. exp. in criminal law
19127644

I live in California and in July i got pulled over by police

Customer Question

Hello, I live in California and in July i got pulled over by police for driving and using a cell phone. The fine came in the mail and I paid it. The fine said that paying it was an admission of guilt and a conviction would be recorded. Does this mean a proper criminal conviction or a traffic conviction?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. This is considered a traffic moving violation and is not a misdemeanor. It will appear on your driving record, but a first conviction does not involve any points against your DL.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed.

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 7th. For some unknown reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.