Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

I posted $15,000 bail in Sullivan County in NY friend who

Customer Question

I posted $15,000 bail in Sullivan County in NY for a friend who was jailed on a felony. After 18 months that felony has been reduced to a misdemeanor. Since the charge has been reduced should I get a portion of the $15,000 (or all of it) returned before the case is settled?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

Only if your friend files a Motion for a Reduction in bail. Then if the court reduces it you would be entitled to a refund.

So your friend can discuss the Motion to Reduce Bail with his attorney.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you