CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I was told I was being investigated at work. I was fired on

Customer Question

I was told I was being investigated at work for theft. I was fired on a policy violation. It has been five months and I have h
Not heard from the company. Yet when people for reference checks they state there is a legal matter pending. If the company had found something concrete shouldn't they have charged me already
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. A lot depends on the evidence which the company has and if it is enough for the police to arrest and charge you and then turn the case over to the State for prosecution. I say this because they may have though you were involved with the theft but have no real evidence. If that is the case, they may decide and go after you civilly, since the burden of proof is much less, if they want to try and recover whatever was taken. The pending legal matter could be wither civil or criminal and technically, until the statute of limitations run, you could be prosecuted or sued.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!