How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 25957
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm being charged with embezzlement of 11000 dollars. What

Customer Question

I'm being charged with embezzlement of 11000 dollars. What is my punishment before it goes to a grand jury
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer. Typically, the offer for something like this on a first felony offense would be probation with restitution to the complainant. In most instances, you could get that after indictment as well, since it's a non-violent felony charge. In general, you would only have to worry about jail on a matter like this if it's not your first felony offense or if you lose after trial. On a plea offer, probation should be available.