Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

When I was in gh school I received the charge of 243.4(A)

Customer Question

When I was in high school I received the charge of 243.4(A) and the dispo was Pros Prefilling deferral, this case was dropped but it is still on my record preventing me from getting a job, I need to know how to get this removed. It happened in 2009. My job is still waiting.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the case was a deferred adjudication and dismissal, you can file a motion to seal and destroy. This is not a pre-printed motion and it would have to be filed in the court and the DA served a copy and there will be a contested hearing where you have to present evidence that the case was dismissed. This means you would need a local attorney where the charge was filed to go to court to ask the court to seal and destroy the record as it was dismissed as you state.