Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I was pulled over and treated like a criminal because the

Customer Question

i was pulled over and treated like a criminal because the cop knew me. i was arrested because the k9 allerted ,nothing was found until i was going in the cop car i told them i had meth in my pants.i was ging to jail and didnt want to get to jail and have prison contaband thats why i told them.they wanted me to sign for 8 years but i wouldnt..i need to know if i can win illegal search????
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

Most motions to suppress are lost so initially your chances are not good. If the dog alerted then that almost ways gives probable cause for the search so usually a better choice is to challenge the initial stop and not the search. If there was no probable cause for the stop then the search would automatically fail.