Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I'm trying to find court documents relating to a federal

Customer Question

Hi, I'm trying to find court documents relating to a federal prisoner. My search on PACER returns no results however. The inmate's name is ***** ***** xxxxxxxxx. His BOP register # ***** *****
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I am just about to go offline but I noticed no one had picked up and thought I'd offer to help and can continue tomorrow.

1) Do you know where the federal conviction occurred and when?

2) What exactly are you looking for?

3) Do you know where he is located now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wasn't aware of any federal conviction. He was arrested at his home in Washington, DC by US Marshals on 2/24/15, and was housed at Alexandria Detention Center until recently (last week I believe), when he was transferred to the Cumberland FCI. So sometime between his arrest and last week, he either pled or was found guilty of some charge and sentenced.I'm looking for any information on his case. What were the charges, What evidence was presented against him, etc... the typical court docs found in a PACER search.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

I no longer access PACER so I can't assist with what it shows. However, Pacer often doesn't have the latest info on it, sometimes it can run a month or more behind,

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Also, Pacer generally lists the documents but it doesn't list the evidence used against him unless they filed it for some reason, at least not until after the trial is complete and they are preparing the record for appeal.

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

The evidence is kept by the court reporter or by the clerk but usually is not listed on the Pacer system.