Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

My husband was arrested on a criminal mischief charge. Which

Customer Question

My husband was arrested on a criminal mischief charge. Which was dismissed in nyc. He's being remanded FOA 9000.00 zt because he had a case in texas. Public discharge of a firearm arm, criminal mischief, and a state jail felony (ex wife accused him of taking about 3000 worth of clothes he had bought her) all this happen in texas. He got bail it was set at 20000 he paid the bondsman 10%never showed up for his court date. Hence he's being remanded. He's been in jail about 2 weeks now and he's waiting on texas to come pick him up. Need to know what's is chances and what I should prepare myself for. I'm his current wife.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information since the professional you requested is unavailable at this time.

I suggest that once Texas retrieves him from NY, there will be a hearing in Texas. Because he "jumped" bail, I suggest he will not be afforded another opportunity at bail and thus will need to wait in jail until the hearing on the charges.

As to his chances, that depends on what the District Attorney can present in evidence.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

It may be possible that his local attorney can negotiate a plea with the District Attorney to have some of the charges dismissed and if that is the case, the sentence will be whatever they agree to for such a plea.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you