Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Are registered sex offenders allowed to live with someone

Customer Question

Are registered sex offenders allowed to live with someone with children in the state of New Mexico?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

If the SO has restrictions and is prohibited from being around minors under the age of 18, they cannot. If they are married and have children in common who were not the victims of the abuse/offenses then yes. It depends on a variety of issues. It really depends on what the Court Order says in this regard. You can check with the clerk of the court in the state and county where they have been convicted and ask about any restrictions as per the Order

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you