Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I had a domestic violence and drunk and disorderly charge a

Customer Question

I had a domestic violence and drunk and disorderly charge a year and ahalf ago. I went to counseling and aa school. Went back to court they dismissed the drunk charge. Now they have filed on the domestic charge baul set at 100.000 I have since got a duvorce no problem with my ex..
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

The only way to resolve this matter is that you have to appear in court on the matter and you should do so with your attorney and if you cannot afford an attorney then you need to go to the public defender's office to get an attorney to represent you. Your ex wife would need to appear in court with you on this so she can directly tell the court that there are no issues and that would cause the court to release the bond and also in most cases such as this to also dismiss the charge.

However, the absolute only way to now resolve this is you have to get to court again and appear with your ex to have them withdraw the bond and dismiss the domestic charge as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your prompt response, but you didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. Regards John

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, we do not know what a customer knows or does not know when the customer does not tell us. Under the law there are many times limited ways to legally deal with the system and the way the system is set up is the process that even lawyers have to follow I am afraid. So where there are no legal alternatives available, I am afraid we cannot make them up and that is not the expert's fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice. It is appreciated. Regards John

Thank you for your reply.

I wish you the best and if you follow what I told you above, you will get this situation resolved favorably and the longer you let it go on the harder it will be to get resolved.