Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I have 2 felony convictions one burglary charge when I was

Customer Question

I have 2 felony convictions one for a burglary charge when I was 17 and a felon in possession of firearm when I was 21 and went hunting. Is it possible let to get these charges expunged?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Since these were not class H or I felony convictions and they happened before you were 25, it is possible to file a motion for expunction on each of the cases to seek to get them expunged from your record. If they refuse to expunge, you would have to file a petition to vacate the convictions and seek to get the court to vacate your convictions as youthful offenses first and then seek expungement.

Those are your options available under WI law. You should have a local WI attorney representing you on this matter to make sure everything is filed correctly the first time, because any mistakes could cost you more money in the long run or could result in denial. The attorney would have to examine your specific convictions to determine the terms of the conviction to make sure they definitively fall under the under age of 25 convictions that can be expunged under WI law (based only on what you are saying they should).