LawTalk, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years legal experience
15277592

How likely ( California) to grant extradition request by

Customer Question

How likely for US ( California) to grant extradition request by corrupt police of Ukraine ?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be required for Ukrainian police to request extradition and get hiring in california cort?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The US does not at present have any sort of an extradition treaty with the Ukraine, and so the likleihood that the state of CA would be obligated to cooperate with the Ukraine's extradition request is highly unlikely.

As a rule, pursuant to United States law (18 U.S.C. § 3184), extradition may be granted only pursuant to a treaty. And again, while the US does maintain diplomatic relations with Ukraine, because there is no extradition treaty between the two countries, extradition would be all but impossible.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug