Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

I contested a will. My atty motion estate accounting was

Customer Question

I contested a will. My atty motion for an estate accounting was filed. The day before the hearing my atty sends me an email that says the other atty visited him and gave him the bank records for review so there is no need for a formal hearing and he said he thought he hearing should be cancelled. I asked in writing for copies of the records and he didn't send them to me and I asked him what he found when he reviewed them and he ignored the question. 2 days ago, during a call about a settlement offer wherein I said I could just give him the estate account as part of the settlement but I would like to know how much is in the estate account, he tells me that me that the executor stole 20K from the account. The opposing attorney knew this before the hearing and asked for it to be dismissed. Had we had the hearing it would have been legally recorded and he would have been removed as executor and it would have weakened his case. Shouldn't my attorney have proceeded with the hearing or nowdos
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

Hi, let me try to understand the situation a bit more if I may. Is your share in any way affected by this taking by the other party? This is important because that is generally what the judge would ask you or your attorney as well. Please advise.