CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  9+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

I have a hearing about an animal seizure neglect, there is

Customer Question

I have a hearing about an animal seizure for supposed neglect, there is no way I can attend this hearing without losing my job is there anyway that I can still get MY SIDE heard?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. Is there another time when you can attend, that does not conflict with work?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

From what I understand the seizure custody hearing cannot be pushed off, but as the stupid SPCA won't answer my calls I am not sure how to even go about trying to get it pushed off.

Thank you. I would suggest filing a request/motion to reset the hearing date and explain that there is a conflict with your job and you can not attend on that day but can attend on a future date. You can share with them some dates when you can appear. However, if you do not think that will happen, your other option would be to ask to appear by phone. This way, you can call up and ask that you appear telephonically, so that you do not have to lose your job and can share the hardship with them, that this would cause.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent an email to the district attorney about appearing by phone or moving the day. Hopefully they respond.

If you do not hear back from them, you want to motion the court or presiding body who is handling and hearing this, since they have the ability to allow it

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!