Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I am 99 percent sure that my wife forged power of attorney

Customer Question

I am 99 percent sure that my wife forged power of attorney and forged my signature has written letters to the DMV less than 2 months later stating I gave her permission to register my 2 year old PathFinder and signed it 4 days later wrote a similar letter stating I gave it to her as a gift....cleaned out $43,000 from a joint Morgan xxxxxxx Account in one month and has been writing bogus checks to deposit in her account for 15 years .All of this started coming to light about 3 months ago on June 20th she had me removed from my house on a bogus TRO we go to court for that in about 2 weeks and all the statements she made were false ...am I Screwed because I can't get my hands on the POA document that was forged I know both the lawyer and Notary she used I live in Middlesex county NJ
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you have any evidence at all she has done this, that would be forgery and fraud. If any of your vehicles were changed over without your signature and if your account was cleaned out without your consent, that is the only evidence you need to start out the investigation. You would be able to report this to the district attorney's office for investigation and pursuit of criminal charges. You do not need to get your hands actually on the document, the DA and police can do so as part of their forgery investigation.

Also, you need to get your own attorney immediately to represent you so you can file your divorce and you can get your own suit filed in the court to seek to recover the money and property she has taken from you through the civil court.