Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I got my first ever citation to having a number on my home.

Customer Question

I got my first ever citation for failing to having a number on my home. I never got a warning. When I went to explain to the clerk what happened they said your number was obstructed, yet the ticket clearly says "home owner failed to place number on home." The number is ***** longer obstructed and the number was always there. Is this a citation that is filed incorrectly or does it even matter? Is there a way that I can fight this?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am sorry to hear about this.
1) What city/county is this in?
2) What is the statutory citation on the ticket? Such as "Title 3, 12:10" or something like this?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.