Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Is there an appeal process or some loophole concealed gun

Customer Question

Is there an appeal process or some loophole for a concealed gun permit in the common wealth of virginia.I want to enter the high end security field but had psychiatric stays unreleated to psyhosis or schizophrenia.It was basic depression
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Was your commitment involuntary and were you kept beyond the initial observation period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortantly it was involuntary.Due to my disagreement.I am upset cause it seems felons have an appeal process but i dont.I want to be in the high end security field,im a microsoft tech now,and i need to be able to use a pistol.I am in remission now and better.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. I had to take my dogs out.
When you are involuntarily commited, you lose not only your state rights but your Federal rights. Unfortunately, the Federal disability is for the rest of your life, so even if Virginia were interested in restoring your gun rights, you'd still be denied your rights under Federal law. Without Federal rights, your state rights have no meaning.
There is presently no law that will restore your Federal gun rights. So until Federal legislation is passed which will create a remedy for you, you will not be able to own or possess a firearm.
I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news.