Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Experience:  Handle criminal matters in both state and federal courts.
10707909

Had a duia a little over 2 years ago I never reported it to

Customer Question

Had a duia a little over 2 years ago I never reported it to my employer. I hear next year the employer will be running a background check on all employees. How do I keep this from showing up. I just bought a house and have a daughter to support and insure.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.
Hello
This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard
Unfortunately, you might not be able to keep it hidden. DUI's Convictions are not eligible for expungement. And so you would need to apply for a Governor's Pardon/Clemency to make you eligible to Petition for expungment.
However, that process could take at least a year. Then you would need to Petition for the expungment and sealing of arrest records via the court system. However, there is no guarantee you would get the pardon and the pardon does not guarantee the court will grant expungement.
The only way you would be able to get the matter removed from court and other records is if the matter was dismissed and not a conviction.
Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I could not afford a lawyer and never tried to fight the charge. Once you've taken Classes and completed probation ..Is it possible to have the matter dismissed and remove the conviction?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Thank you. If you had a deferred adjudication on a guilty plea and the probation was your sentence, then upon completion of the probation, the guilty plea should have been removed. IN such a case there would be no conviction.

Unfortunately, the deferred adjudication is not available for the DUI's. I wish it was better news. Of course, you can consul with a local attorney to verify that a DUI conviction cannot be expunged.