Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Probation violation and assault case bond of 100,000.00 but

Customer Question

Probation violation and assault case bond of 100,000.00 but the case has not been picked up by the state how can I file to a motion to dismiss a case?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
When you say the case has not yet been picked up, are you saying that the defendant has never had to appear in court? How long has the case been pending? In what US state is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the case was in 2013 however we have never been to court on the case there was a warrant and he was just recently picked up and the bond is for 100,000.00 but probation was violated so I am trying to get this current case dismissed so it will not show that I am violated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has 3 cases in all 1 in 2011 that has been dismissed, 2013 in which I am on probation; 2014 case that has a bond for 100,000.00 so I am trying to get the 3rd case dismissed...So I was advised that I can request to have this case dismissed but I need to know how to do that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the state is Texas
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for explaining that to me.
Was this case that you want dismissed the case with the warrant? And this case that you want dismissed, was it a misdemeanor or a felony? And was it ever filed with the court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Felony and he is currently in jail for the warrant and is waiting to go to court
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when I visited a attorney and he looked up the case and saw that the state had not picked it up stated that he could submit a request for dismissal so the case could be dismissed but I need to know how to do that. I can not afford and attorney and need to do what I can to try to do it myself if I can
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
but is the warrant on the case he wants to dismiss? Or was the was the warrant on the second case? In other words, is the warrant the only reason that the case he wants dismissed didn't go forward? Or is that warrant on some other case and nothing at all was done with the case he wants dismissed?
The answer makes a big difference here.