Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Charge: child abuse without great bodily harm; final nolle

Customer Question

charge: child abuse without great bodily harm; final nolle prosequi would this prevent me from becoming a group home owner
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
If the case was nolle prossed and never filed with the court, the accusation should not prevent you form becoming a group home owner.
Were you arrested, booked and printed where this offense would be on your record? If so, have you made any effort to get the arrest sealed or expunged if your state's law will give you that option? If not, let me know what US state was involved and I can see if you can remove it from your record.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was arrested,booked, the whole 9 yards. It was Lake County, in Fl.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
If you applied for and were granted a certificate of eligibility you could then petition the court to expunge your arrest record. You can read up on this and determine if you are eligible to pursue it here. It looks to me as if you could. This may not be a quick process, but it gets you out from under the shadow of it, and it's worth doing.
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Content/getdoc/c83dd888-ef7a-448e-9a96-ba69fc4181f7/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx