Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Over A Decade Of Criminal Law Experience
12711280

I am on probation in Illinois and recently got married. My

Customer Question

I am on probation in Illinois and recently got married. My wife lives In AZ and I have put in for a transfer to that state. I have been compliant with all the stipulations of my probation. I have finished my course of classes ( I was convicted of a DUI) and I am now attending after care. What are my chances of getting the transfer and what information should I bring to the hearing? My wife is the only family and support system that I have and I am anxious to leave Chicago and start a new life in AZ.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Congratulations on your new life and marriage. You are already off to a great start. The information you need to present should be based on what is best for you and the state. You need to point out, as you wisely did to me, that she is your support system. You need to also present evidence or testimony that staying in Chicago will set you up for failure due to corrupting influences that are around you. You need to persuade them that this is your best chance for success. You also need to point out your completion of all that has been asked of you up until this point and present all written evidence you have relative to the matter. Finally, a letter from you wife to the court requesting permission to move and her reasons therefore, which mirror your reasoning, will go a long way towards convincing the judge.

Just checking to see if you have any additional questions. I want you to be as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks