Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I need to find Counsel to look at my case I know I can win

Customer Question

I need to find Counsel to look at my case I know I can win hands down. but don't have the money till the case is over.
My accuser committed perjury to obtain a junction against me. I went to jail have a 10,000. bond. she told all the employees if anyone talks to me they will be terminated. that's deformation.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Actually, that sounds more like witness intimidation, which would be a criminal offense. You could report it to the police and/or to the prosecutor's office and ask that it be investigated and prosecuted. If the state believes a crime has been committed, they could go forward on your behalf without cost.
If you were looking for a suit, you would have to find a civil lawyer who would take your case on a contingency basis. That's where you only pay expenses and filing fees up front and only pay the lawyer's fee if he or she wins your case. Then they get about 40% of the award for their fee.
Most civil litigators will take contingency cases if the case is strong enough that they believe they can win it and if the damages involved are likely to be high enough so that it's worth waiting for.
You can contact the Arizona state Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service and they can help you to find one.
http://apps.americanbar.org/legalservices/lris/directory/main.cfm?id=AZ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just rather upset that they sent me an attorney to answer my question that lives on the other side of the country and probably knows nothing about what goes on here in Arizona no my question was answered and I really don't think you know what you're talking about I was looking for an Arizona Attorney to help me with my problem and that's obviously not going to happen
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for any unintended disappointment.
You did not specify that you only wanted to hear from an Arizona lawyer. You merely said you needed to find one. No lawyer on this site, no matter where he or she is from can offer you representation. That is not allowed by either this site -- which is not a law firm -- or our bar associations.
I did tell you where you could find an Arizona lawyer who could actually take on your civil matter. I also told you that if you wished to have this person prosecuted, you didn't need to retain a lawyer at all because the state would prosecute on your behalf for free.
I stand by my answer, as far as that goes.
I will, however, opt out of this question and open it up for an Arizona lawyer. When one comes on line, he will be able to take this question from here
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I am a different contributor, however you should not be waiting for anyone from this site to represent you, it is forbidden by state law.
If you need representation, please call the AZ bar and ask them for attorneys in your area who can assist representing you.