S. Huband, Esq.
S. Huband, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Experienced and knowledgeable criminal defense attorney.
70026054

In Oklahoma county, may my father appear before the judge in

Customer Question

In Oklahoma county, may my father appear before the judge in my criminal case if I am unable to be there? I am in North Dakota, working.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  S. Huband, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

No, your dad's appearance will not excuse your non-appearance in court, especially if this is a criminal charge you're facing. If a judge or magistrate recognized you to be in court, or you promised to appear in court and you fail to, that can be a separate charge that leads to additional jail time.

Since you missed one court date already, you'll likely have an arrest warrant out for you which ND may try to serve on you while you're working. I'd bite the bullet and come back to court in OK to avoid the misery of being arrested in ND, held in jail for who knows how long, etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Timely response
Can you please clarify? I don't understand what you mean.
Thanks,
Shuband
Hello again,
I'm writing to follow up on your question. You responded to my question, but you didn't ask for clarification or issue a rating. If you need clarification about my answer, please ask. Otherwise, please let me know what else I can do, if anything, to earn a positive rating from you.
Thanks again for using our service!
Shuband