Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
18321761

Food stamp sent me a letter charging me with foo stamp

Customer Question

Food stamp sent me a letter charging me with foo stamp trafficking .. an the need respond.. how can I respond to them? they threating of cutting of accepting food stamp and the may charge me with trafficking. how can I respond?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am an experienced criminal lawyer.
Is it possible that you can scan and upload a copy of the letter? Make sure and edit out your name and any other personal identifying information.
Otherwise, I need you to to tell me exactly what the letter says, and exactly what it asks you to do in order to answer your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they are saying i exchange food the stamp for money . and they saying there evidence as following.
very short time transactions. 2- most of the transactions ends with the same exact cents. 3- weep out the all money on the card during a day.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, the information you are giving me is not nearly enough for me to give you the information you need. So I can only give you a general answer based on what these kinds of communications are usually about.
Generally, when they come forward with something like this, they offer you an opportunity to provide them with whatever evidence that you have in your favor at some kind of a meeting or hearing with an examiner.
If you do not respond to them, they will use the information that they have, and they will turn the matter over to the prosecutor and charge you with fraud. If you DO respond to them, they may wish to turn the matter over and charge you with fraud as well. In any case, you should not give Food STamps any information unless you do so through or with a local lawyer.