Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  I provide general practice and mediation & arbitration services to my clients.
18572087

I live in Pennsylvania and I have a job I recently just

Customer Question

Hi I live in Pennsylvania and I have a job I recently just quit. two weeks ago I filed for benefits for the week I wasn't working and one the following week which was my orientation and 1 day at the job. I thought there would be a hold week but there was not I received both my benefits and a low check for that week. Although I'm not working there anymore I don't intend on claiming now. What should I do?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I am a licensed Pennsylvania professional and will do my best to assist you.

Contact unemployment and return the check. Inform them that you found work and are not going to claim funds for the period of time when you are working, or are pursuing orientation. Otherwise the state may later pursue you for unemployment benefit fraud, so it is in your best interest to reach out to them and return the funds right away.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.